February Goal Review

I am amazed at how quickly this year is flying by.  The thing is, I'm so busy with work(s), school, and having a bit of a social life that I'm really bogged down mentally.  It feels like I just wrote my January Goal Review.  Before we're halfway through March, I thought it'd be a good idea to recap how my 25 before 26 goals are coming along.

1.  Etsy shop- vintage
No progress

2.  Collection of short stories- ready to submit
Really no progress.  Was/am a part of a writing project where I was paired with a senior citizen in the area and am currently in the finishing stages of my creative fiction piece about his life.

3.  New tattoo
Done (2/21/14)
Went in with a friend for her tattoo on Thursday and talked with Darin about my next one.  He agreed that if I wanted it healed by summer, sooner was better.  He also happened to have a cancelation for the next day so I decided to go for it.  I find that the things in life that are meant to be usually have a way of revealing themselves...so I took the sign and jumped in feet first.

4.  Finish framing prints
No progress.

5.  Blog redesign
No progress.

6.  Buy nice camera
I've done a bit more research, but nothing concrete.

7.  Learn how to do my hair
No progress.  Thinking I want to learn how to French braid my hair.

8.  Go on a trip somewhere new
About two weeks ago, my best friend and her husband came to town and they mentioned this hiking trip (Four Pass Loop) they had planned in Colorado.  It was going to be the two of them along with his brother and sister-in-law.  Luckily, they didn't mind the idea of me fifth-wheeling and I was invited.  So, fingers crossed that I actually start working out to prepare.  Roundtrip tickets are only $200, so it's kind of hard to pass up.  I've never been to Colorado before and this trip would knock out a few goals.

9.  Bring Crookston to dog training class
We're enrolled and about halfway done!  He's not really any better...but whatever, still counts.

10.  Figure out Spanish creds
I've yet to enroll online.  Once I take a real step forward on this one, I'll count it.

11.  No credit card debt
I feel like I'm working on growing, not shrinking.

12.  Send more letters
January: 1 package, 2 postcards, 3 letters.
February: 1 postcard, 6 letters.
Total: 1 package, 3 postcards, 9 letters.

13.  Create realistic workout plan
I was thinking about Roller Derby being my new, and awesome, workout.  But it's been a week and my tailbone still hurts and according to the internet, it can take 6 months to a year to heal...so that makes me nervous.

14.  Learn to crochet
No progress.

15.  Grow closer to God
Still reading my Catholic book.  Lent will be a good motivator, nothing like God peer pressuring you into a better person.  I've also looked into joining a Young Adult group at my church.

16.  Complete a 5K
No progress.

17.  Volunteer
I've officially completed orientation at the Mission and have the go-ahead to start volunteering.  Jenna, my sister, also went through orientation so it'll also be a bonding experience.

18.  Finally go to the drive in theater
This is a summertime goal.

19.  Renaissance Festival
Summertime.

20.  Read 40+ books
I just realized I haven't finished a book during February.  I've started and done work on some, but no actual finished books.  I even lost one that I just had a chapter left to read.  Ugh.

21.  Print more photos
No progress.  My albums are all full so I'll need to buy a new one and then I'll fill it up.

22.  Create more
February was evidently a lazy month.  I didn't create much...if anything.

23.  Go camping
Summer goal.  If I go on the hiking trip, this one will also be knocked out.

24.  Make a quilt
I've actually been thinking a lot about this one lately.  March may just be my starting month.

25.  Get my passport
No progress, but a friend wants to go to a concert in Canada, so I need to get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment